If you ever need a simple dinner that you can rustle up in one big pot without too much effort, this is the one for you! We’ve been knocking up this spaghetti bolognese as part of our weekly menu plan for months now, and we’re not getting tired of it. It’s easy, tasty and super-filling, what’s not to love?
You will need…
- 1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 100g chorizo, diced
- 150g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large celery sticks, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 800g lean beef mince
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Italian herbs
- 340g wholewheat spaghetti
- Grated cheese like parmesan or cheddar
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan. Throw in the chorizo, mushrooms, carrots, celery and onion and fry for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the mince and fry until browned, making sure to break up any lumps.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, sprinkle in the Italian herbs and stir until well mixed.
- Leave to simmer for around 10 minutes while you cook the spaghetti (per the instructions on the packet).
- Serve the spaghetti, with a good helping of bolognese, topped with a sprinkling of cheese.
And there you have it! A simple dish that’s sure to satisfy when you’re cooking for guests. What’s your go-to for a big and easy dinner?