Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so they say, and they’re quite right! I find I am so much more productive when I’ve had a good breakfast to satisfy my hunger and get me ready for the day ahead. Plus, taking time out right at the start of the day to eat and reflect is a great opportunity to establish your goals. Sometimes I’m so ready to crack on that I skip breakfast and get stuck straight in, but my enthusiasm tends to ebb pretty quickly when by belly starts grumbling and I succumb to a couple of chocolate biscuits. I’ve been working on some ideas for different kinds of breakfasts that will give me a good start, be simple enough to rustle up in a few minutes and will prevent me from become bored of eating the same old thing!
This recipe is super simple, totally flexible and takes 20 minutes to cook in the oven – I like to make the most of this time! You can dedicate it to meditating or getting a head-start on your chores. I always like the house to be clean and tidy before I get started with my tasks, so I use this time to wash the dishes, pop out the recycling or get the washing on!
To make these Baked Eggs With Chorizo you will need:
- A couple of big mushrooms, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- An inch or so of chorizo, diced
- A handful of spinach, wilted
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200C (fan)
- Toss the mushrooms, spring onions and chorizo in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste
- Evenly distribute between two ramekins
- Top each with a handful of spinach
- Press down slightly to create a shallow well
- Crack an egg into each of the ramekins, being careful not to spill over the edge
- Pop on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes
- Use this time to relax, read, or get stuff done!
This is a simple recipe that you can rustle up with minimal effort in the morning, or treat yourself to a nice brunch on a lazy Sunday! You can pretty much add anything you want – peppers, feta, tomato, the list goes on!
What are your favourite breakfast recipes? Do you take time in the morning to set yourself up for the day ahead?
Thanks for reading, until next time!