I love to sew! There’s nothing more satisfying than wearing something you have created, that you have put time and effort into. It’s a labour of love. Sometimes it’s a breeze and sometimes a project can be left unfinished for months, but either way it’s fun and totally rewarding. So, here’s my sewing wishlist of the things I’ve been daydreaming about!
1. Janome Sewing Machine: I’ve always used my Mum’s sewing machine, but since I moved out a few months ago I’ve been craving my own. I don’t want a super expensive one, but a few stitch variations is great and, most importantly, the 1 step buttonhole!
2. Olfa Rotary Cutter: There’s nothing wrong with some good old-fashioned scissors, but the ease and speed of these rotary cutters is enough for me to want one!
3. Prymadonna Polka Dot Dress Form: Who doesn’t want a dress form as an amateur sewer? I’ve always wanted to be able to fit things properly, as opposed to twisting this way and that trying to fit on myself, and with its polka dot print, this is just a beauty!
4. Blue Deco Geometric Buttons: I always tend to opt for gold buttons on my projects, but these geometric ones are just too cool! They are the kind of buttons you’ll design a project around!
5. Woven Monkey Custom Fabric: I found this website recently, and I’ve been dying to try it out! It’s super simple to use, and you can create the most beautiful fabrics. This is just an old Instagram snap of some flowers, repeated and mirrored to make a pattern, and I love it!
6. Vintage 1950s Sewing Pattern: I absolutely love all of the reproduction Vintage Sewing patterns. It’s great when you find originals in charity shops, but this way you know that you’re getting the right size, and the instructions should be pretty clear.
Do you like to sew? Have you got any additions to my wishlist? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading, until next time!