Happy Cinco De Mayo everybody! In order to celebrate, I’ve come up with this super simple recipe for banana and Nutella dessert quesadillas. Mexican food is really popular, with tonnes of restaurants cropping up all over the country and more fajitas than you can shake a stick at! I wanted to turn the idea on it’s head and replace your typical meaty filling with something more satisfying for the sweet-toothed among us.
Makes 1 quesadilla
You will need:
- 2 tortillas
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- sprinkle of cinnamon sugar
- Coat each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of Nutella, but you can be more or less generous if you like!
- Slice the banana and arrange on one of the tortillas
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar (I used this method with demerara sugar)
- Place the second tortilla on top, Nutella side down
- Pop in a dry non-stick frying pan (no oil needed!) on a medium heat for a minute or two on each side
- Cut into six and serve warm
There you have it, a quick and easy dessert recipe to get you in the Cinco De Mayo spirit! Enjoy!
Thanks for reading, until next time!